95.7 The GAME will debut Lucky Break, the ultimate sports reality competition, on February 8 giving Bay Area fans the chance of a lifetime to get paid to talk sports with a contract on the station.
“95.7 The GAME is the new sound for sports and the voice of Bay Area sports fans so Lucky Break is their chance to win one of the best jobs in the world: becoming a sports radio talk show host,” said Program Director Jason Barrett of 95.7 The GAME.
Lucky Break will be hosted by Brodie Brazil, 95.7 The GAME’s Sharks Insider and Host/Reporter from Comcast SportsNet Bay Area and contestants will be coached by 95.7 The GAME’s Dan Dibley from The Rise Guys and Brandon Tierney from The Drive. Judges include 95.7 The GAME Program Director Jason Barrett, John Lund (Host of The Wheelhouse), and celebrity athletes from local Bay Area sports teams.
95.7 The GAME will qualify sixteen (16) contestants to compete for the chance to come work for The GAME. The best contestants will be chosen from the four (4) open auditions throughout the Bay Area. During the audition, sports fans will show off their skills by performing sports updates and on-site segments and debates.
Open auditions will take place at:
• Wednesday, February 8th – Pete’s Tavern in San Francisco, 7:00-9:00pm
• Wednesday, February 15th – TBD
• Wednesday, February 22nd – TBD
• Wednesday, February 29th – TBD
Additional venues will be announced shortly and posted on www.957thegame.com, www.facebook.com/957thegame.com and twitter (@957thegame).
Once the 16 semi-finalists are announced, they will compete head-to-head live on the radio, beginning Wednesday, March 8th from 7:00-9:00pm at Pete’s Tavern in San Francisco and continuing every Wednesday through the Lucky Break Finale show on Wednesday, April 4th.
Every week, the judges will put contestants up for elimination and since 95.7 The GAME is the sports station for the fans, Bay Area fans will have the opportunity to save their favorite contestant from elimination each week.
As the largest market FM Sports Station in America, 95.7 The GAME is the flagship radio station for the Oakland Athletics, the only MLB team in California to be heard on FM.
The GAME’s Monday-Friday starting lineup is:
• 6:00am-10:00am: The Rise Guys: Whitey Gleason, Mark Kreidler, and Dan Dibley
• 10:00am-2:00pm: The Wheelhouse with John Lund
• 2:00pm-6:00pm: The Drive: Brandon Tierney and San Francisco 49ers Radio Analyst Eric Davis
• 6:00pm– 10:00pm: The Chris Townsend Show
The GAME’s Weekend lineup is:
• Saturdays 9:00am-12:00pm: Bay Area GAME Day with Roxy Bernstein, Scott Reiss, Drew Shiller, and Sean Lampley.
• Saturdays 12:00pm-2:00pm: Hot Stove Saturday with Mychael Urban
• Sundays 10:00am-12:00pm: The NHL Rush with Brodie Brazil & Drew Hoffar
• Sundays 6:00pm-8:00pm: Football Day Around The Bay with Chris Townsend, Dana Stubblefield, and Dave Razzano.